Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello Readers!
This is my first blog even though I have never really been into the "blogging" stuff. I am doing this because it is a requirement for my scriptwriting class. It seems weird to write about myself and expect people to actually enjoy reading it, but I'll give it a try! I am a media communications major and media scriptwriting is a required class. I was not excited to take this class because I am not very interested in writing. However, we are only about a week and a half into this semester and I have surprisingly enjoyed it. I like the structure of the class and enjoy not having hour long lectures. I have struggled with writing each script, but I feel really good when I finish one that I'm proud of. I am excited to be a stronger writer. Even if I do not have a desire to write in the future, I know that the skills I learn this semester can be helpful in my future career. Bear with me this semester as I'm trying to figure this all out! It should be an interesting experience :)

1 comment:

  1. Word of encouragement about taking this class: Writing is arguably one of the most important skills one can continuously get better at. So...even though you may not like writing...at the end of the class...I can almost guarantee that you will be a better writer!

    Look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete